Monday 2 March 2015

Unit 6 and Unit 32 Health and Safety conciderations

Health and Safety

For units 6 and 32 I considered health and safety for my promotional video formally as I would be working with and for a client. I thought about the considerations needed for the equipment as the client may not be aware of the possible situations that could arise. For example with the filming of the short consumer interviews I considered the space needed for the tripod and making sure all equipment was stable and viewable by all people in the area. I supervised the equipment so no one else would be injured by it or damage the camera or tripod. For our interviews we had the volunteers sat on a safe four legged chair and checked to see if all were comfortable and felt alright sitting there. The second location was filming in a relative of the clients homes so I looked in collaboration with the client who had prior knowledge to me of the location to see what could cause potential problems. For this location I filled out a risk assessment form noting the small space of the area and furniture that could cause problems. Everything was checked that was near the filming area especially the table where the camera was rested no one has to go upon the table in the end and the table supported the weight of the equipment well. Health and safety in regards to sound and lighting was not much as I used the inbuilt microphone for camera recording and when conducting audio voice over I had all wires secured with tape, visible and wrapped around the stable microphone stand securely. Lighting was all natural but I would have complied with similar precessions to recording sound equipment making sure all wires were tidy on top of checking the bulbs and monitoring incase of overheating.

Here is a risk assessment form that I filled in.




No comments:

Post a Comment