Thursday 18 June 2015

Production Plan Unit 36

Plan for Music Video Production

From my research unit I am taking influence from my analysis of Britpop music video and taking imagery from there to create my own product inspired by it.

Continued from my development of ideas I moved on to my plan for production and listed the equipment I would needed and discussed availability of my actress for filming.

I created a hand drawn Story Board during this time of the process, the image board gave me a structure for production as well as it being a resource I could show to my actress for her to get an idea of what it is I am aiming for:



I arranged for two shoots originally a little over a week apart, whilst I was available for other and more times I communicated with my actress and two Tuesdays were chosen as she was free then. The day before the first shoot I gathered my equipment borrowed from the store charging the camera and making sure the tripod was functional all was in order and ready. When shooting began however the camera would stop recording after a very few seconds this became an obstical that was halting the shoot. After a diagnostic we found out the cards write and read speed was too low for the quality of film information we were recording in. An order on line and a few hours later we went out to get a replacement card which when testing worked and we went outside to get some footage as the original plan of getting the interior shots out of the way was no longer an option due to people being back in the places I wanted to record. Production outside went well for a good hour before the sun had set too much and plans for an interior shoot were added for that Friday. From that more detailed discussion and the mix between relaxed and informal with the determination to not have things get in the way again the next two shoots went well with equipment returned afterwards.

A release form was signed by the actress in following good practice so all of the footage I used with her in it was allowed.


No comments:

Post a Comment